Main Purpose of Job
If you are passionate about Java Development, you will become part of our dynamic team who is responsible for analysis, design, development and testing of new functionality for our iNSight product as well as various stand-alone Portals. You will help to enhance and scale our Ecommerce and Operational platforms and the associated software services and tools to accelerate the growth of this business.
- Development of highly-available distributed systems as part of a bigger team.
- Active participation in the SDLC process of existing and new applications and features.
- Performing functional testing.
- Writing unit tests.
- 2nd line Support of production system which will require stand-by on a rotation basis – only when enough experience has been gained.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant IT Degree
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience
- Java SDLC (develop, debug, test, package, publish, deploy) experience
- Java (or similar object-oriented programming language)
- Experience with at least one or more of the following database systems:
The following would be an added advantage towards your application:
- Oracle knowledge/ experience
- General Unix/Linux experience
- Exposure to/understanding of GSM technologies
- Oracle Java certification
- Knowledge of Spring Technologies and JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with DOCKER
Key competencies and skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Be familiar with java build and dependency management tools such as Maven and Ant
- Knowledge of GIT or similar source repository management tool
- Knowledge of Java IDEs, such as Eclipse
- Be able to interpret technical and business specifications
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Abilities to document a solution
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Be able to work both in a team and alone
- Ability to work well under pressure, especially in maintaining a balanced and logical approach
- Able to use initiative and take ownership
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal communication and able to communicate clearly
- Have the ability to write clear and concise documents.
- Report on progress and raise issues / problems if and when necessary
- Attention to detail