The Data Center Administrator will form part of an international team and participate in many projects involving innovative technologies. Being responsible to ensure the highest quality and productivity objectives of an IT operation and in order to maintain the optimal running condition of the overall system, the Data Center Administrator will take part in the entire operation’s lifecycle, particularly the establishment of standards and planning, as well as incident analysis and recommendations.
In this context, the Data Center Administrator will ensure the monitoring, operation and administration of all IT equipment in the concerned activity by ensuring the proper application of procedures, escalation plan and deadlines applicable to specific customer contracts (Group subsidiaries).
He/She will also coordinate the technical intervention team as part of a resolution mission and provide in this context a 2nd or even 3rd level of technical support role.
- Intervene as level 2 support (or even level 3), perform operational maintenance tasks
- Ensure the correct handling of incidents/production service requests and ensure their close follow-up
- Open and track hardware incidents and follow up on end-to-end response with vendors
- Ensure the follow-up and implementation of the technical framework of new projects
- Perform system & software updates on production environments
- Carry out installations and planned operations on technical production architectures after impact analysis
- Install, deploy and configure environments as well as technical production architectures accompanied by a proper knowledge transfer (creation of installation and operating documentation)
- Provide expertise and technical support for the existing Infrastructure, including outside working hours depending on operational requirement (on-call and/or night or weekend intervention)
- Participate in collaboration with the Build teams in the design, development and implementation of the Windows Infrastructures
- Ensure the application and compliance with technical instructions, rules, regulations and internal procedures
- Contribute to technical documentation and knowledge base
- Produce reporting for management on the progress of projects, operational tasks, analyze logs and reports and produce monitoring metrics
- Participate in the identification of problems, be proactive by reporting to the concerned stakeholders of the imminent reach of an alert threshold, maintain the repositories (CMDB)
- Perform any cognate duties as assigned by the Manager
[Experience & Qualifications]:
- Degree/Diploma in any IT related field
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in a Microsoft environment (Experience within a Data Center preferred)
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Windows Servers (Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019), AIX/Linux
- Good knowledge and working experience on Orchestrator, Active Directory, DNS, System Center Operation Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Good knowledge on VMWare 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, Citrix XenApp 6.5, 7.X, SAN-NAS Storage, TSM Backup
- Mastery of office tools, supervision, ticketing tool (Service Now), CMDB, scheduler
- Knowledge on Oracle and SQL Server would be an advantage
- Knowledge on PowerShell, Perl, Python
- Excellent communication level in English and French (spoken/written) is Mandatory.
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible, autonomous and a team player with highly adaptable personality traits
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills