The Merchant Support Officer will primarily be responsible for assisting our newly onboarded merchants and ensure that issues and technical queries arising from the merchants are attended to and resolved within the stipulated service agreement. It is important for the Candidate to be able to read and write in Japanese language and willing to work on a shift system.Key Responsibilities
• Serve as the first point of contact to proactively assist our Japanese merchants with any business related or technical issues, through various channels such as email, IM, phone calls and video calls
• Assist merchants in the technical integration of the payment gateway
• Provide pre-sales support when needed to the Sales team on merchant integration and/ or business aspects.
• Assess and analyze merchant requirements and provide appropriate solutions with respect to integration or support.
• Ensure proper reporting to the direct supervisor and management.
• Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Banking, Business Management or any other related disciplinesExperience and Competencies
• Prior experience in handling external customers and customer service will be preferred.
• Minimum 1 year experience in IT systems operations, Business operations, or as customer support in the Ecommerce,Financial or Banking industry
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (with both technical and non-technical stakeholders).
• Positive working attitudes with improvement suggestions to speed up work process
• Able to anticipate customers’ needs within own area of work and partner with customers to achieve win-win solutions
• Good technical analytic and troubleshooting skills.