- At least 2 years experience in similar role in a 5 star property.
- Prove certificate of any culinary school
- Proven certificates of food hygiene, food handler certificate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Demi Chef you are responsible to support the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef Junior Sous Chef and Chef de Partie to run a smooth kitchen operation.
- You are responsible to cover the shift in the absence of other employees in your section if required.
- You are responsible to oversee the operation of your section if your Superior is not on duty.
- You will work in all areas in the kitchen as directed by the Executive Chef.
- You are expected to advise the Executive Chef directly or another senior member of management in case of illness which prevents you being able to come to work.
- You are requested to apply for any annual leave at least 7 days in advance. Approval will be based on hotel business requirements.
- You are required to provide a full report on the operation of your shift in the kitchen log book.