An established and growing, international management company, based in Port Louis, is looking for a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for various accounting related activities such as:
• To oversee the monthly accounting function of the defined Business Units
• In line with the company close procedures and deadlines to prepare and report the quarterly Business unit
• To ensure detailed monthly reconciliations be prepared and reviewed
• To ensure all the key profit and loss transactions be properly reviewed, analyzed and signed-off before
submitting the results to the Group Consolidation Team
• To prepare, review and submit the monthly cash-flow and operational forecast to the company's Group
Finance Manager. This will require on-going meetings with the MD and a full understanding at all times of
the business environment
• At all times to track expenses against budget and to report deviations
• To be part of the annual Budget team and to take responsibility for the budget of the assigned Business
• To meet all statutory and other regulatory deadlines. The statutory financials must be done in line with
• Where applicable attend to and be responsible for all in-country tax filings
• Liaise regularly with other key players in the Company's Group Finance team.
• To be fully skilled in the use of the Company's Group adopted ERP system, processes and procedures
• Meet Reporting deadlines.
Characteristics of the candidate:
• CA or ACCA qualified and minimum 3 year working experience with a recognized Auditing Company
• More than 4 years working experience in financial reporting and worked in an accounting team
• Computer literate;
• Highly knowledge of a bookkeeping system such as Sage or similar package;
• Highly skilled and good understanding / knowledge of IFRS;
• Full understanding of how to run a Group monthly and quarter-end process including running / preparing
of the the financial consolidation process;
• Good experience with Management Reports
• Proficient in English and good communicator as well as French literate (the latter will be a bonus);
The Accountant will possess good organizational, communicational, and computer skills. The candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions within the requirements of the position. It is required for this person to take the lead and to work independently; but still to be a team player where required. He/She will be a competent individual with integrity, accountability, strong interpersonal skills, and be a team player. The position requires a person who is flexible, hard working, eager to learn, detail oriented and independent.
Qualified CA or ACCA
The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in Mauritius.