An International company, an investment manager and a limited liability company, based in Grand Bay and incorporated in the Republic of Mauritius and registered by the Mauritian Financial Services Commission and the South African Financial Services Board, is looking for a Junior Compliance Officer.
The purpose of the Junior Compliance Officer role is to provide support to the firm by conducting the allocated responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner while observing integrity and ethical professional standards. The role will involve completing the following duties:.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Comply with all relevant internal policies and procedures
• Assist with Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews including trigger events and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
• Assist in the collation of KYC/AML documents requested by different parties
• Engage with key stakeholders of the firm to build solid relationships, improve processes, share knowledge and develop a compliance culture
• Assist with conducting Internal Monitoring (CMP) of adherence to internal policies
• Continuous process improvement and sharing best practice
• Support with regulatory, audit and similar inspections
• Undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
• Maintain Compliance Registers
• Perform ad hoc tasks as required, such as: – Photocopying documents, Scanning documentation to the Document Management System (DMS)
• General office duties as may be required
• General secretarial and operational duties
You will receive on the job training and will have to learn the different aspects of the firm on a high level.
SECTION 3 – REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Skills Experience and key attributes:
• Batchelors degree, law preferred
• Sound knowledge of Mauritian Financial Services laws and international business law (is a plus)\
• Strong sense of integrity and ethical standards
• Excellent attention to detail
• Self-motivated with an appetite to learn
• Effective communication skills, excellent written and spoken English
• Planning and organisational skills
• Flexible, reliable, committed
• Team player, efficient
• Customer focused
• Strong knowledge of MS Office package such as Outlook, Word and Excel Preferred
• Knowledge of Cayman Island and international / African compliance / business law (is a plus)
• Previous experience of processing client due diligence in a regulated or supervised environment
• Willingness to undertake a compliance qualification and ongoing training
• General interest in the regulatory environment and current affairs
The right to live and work in Mauritius.
Fluency in English both written and spoken is essential.