A well established and growing management company based in Port Louis is looking for a Senior Accountant/Finance Manager.
Competancies The candidate will possess good organizational, communicational, and computer skills. The candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions within the requirements of the position. It is required for this person to take the lead and to work independent; but still to be a team player where required. He/She will be a competent individual with integrity, accountability, strong interpersonal skills, and be a team player. The position requires a person who is flexible, hard working, eager to learn, detail oriented and independent.
• To oversee the monthly accounting function of the defined Company Division
• In line with the Company Group close procedures and deadlines to prepare and report the quarterly Division results
• To ensure detailed monthly reconciliations be prepared and reviewed
• To ensure all the key profit and loss transactions be properly reviewed, analyzed and signed-off before submitting the results to the Group Consolidation Team
• To prepare, review and submit the monthly cash-flow and operational forecast to the Company Group Finance Manager. This will require on-going meetings with the MD and a full understanding at all times of the business environment
• At all times to track expenses against budget and to report deviations to the MD
• To be part of the annual Budget team and to take responsibility for the budget of the assigned Business unit
• To meet all statutory and other regulatory deadlines where and if applicable. The statutory financials must be done in line with IFRS
• Where applicable attend to and be responsible for all in-country tax filings
• Liaise regularly with other key players in the Group Finance team.
• To be fully skilled in the use of the Company Group adopted ERP system, processes and procedures
• Meet Reporting deadlines.
• Be an active team member of the Division and work closely with the Division MD
Experience Experience Required
• CA or ACCA qualified and minimum 3 year working experience with a recognized Auditing Company
• More than 4 years working experience in financial reporting and worked in an accounting team, with experience in financial analysis
• Computer literate;
• Highly knowledge of a bookkeeping system such as Sage or similar package;
• Highly skilled and good understanding / knowledge of IFRS;
• Full understanding of how to run a Group monthly and quarter-end process including running / preparing of the the financial consolidation process;
• Good experience with Management Reports and Analysis
• Proficient in English and good communicator as well as French literate;
• Qualified CA / ACCA.
The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in Mauritius.