The Web developer builds interfaces for digital purposes and ensure that all the content is properly input and formatted. The developer is the guardian of the user experience on devices and is not afraid to take up challenges in day-to-day coding. As web evolves everyday, he has to be a self motivated geek to look out for training online, through tutorials and articles and other specialised sites.
With an eye for detail and a sense of aesthetic, the front end developer needs to be able to reproduce designs and layout provided into coding language ensuring all alignments, typo selection and image dimensions and scales.
- Diploma / Degree holder in one of the following fields web Design, multimedia or any equivalent qualification
- Experience Required
- Proficiency with word, excel and powerpoint.
- Knowledge of MVC and Joomla framework.
- Organised in his work and strict on deadlines
- Able to work in team and independently.
- Aware and respectful to web standards.
- Assist in Client brief analysis and estimation
- Responsible for all technical conception of website and web / mobile application with visual aid tools like schemas, diagrams and flowcharts
- Ensure replication of design to coding, consistency of layouting and behaviours, compatibility of development of all modern browsers and devices
- Research, write, edit and debug web page and web / mobile application using the following languages and frameworks chosen by the company HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, AS3
- Design and Optimisation of elements for web / mobile / interactive devices.
- Search engine optimisation, analytics and report generation
- Conceive technical manual for customers.
- Integrate and format content using CSS and valid XHTML as per W3C consortium in web systems, applications, static web pages and databases.
- Ensure labelling, commenting of code and file naming as per proper coding ethics and ensure optimisation
- Ensure security of information at all level of coding, publishing and databases, server at all time and secure access control.
- Strictly respect deadline and a quality control sheet.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be necessary in the circumstances and/or required by the employer.
- Perform all project administration tasks to plan, input, record, follow and report all projects as well as keep the files and databases clean of unnecessary duplicates or unused files and data.