Job Title: Technical and Administrative Assistant
Site: SimplissimA International Research Institute - Port-Louis
Period : Permanent or Intern
Reporting to : CEO and Head of Lab
OUR PURPOSE: SimplissimA International Research Institute is a private and unique initiative with lab facilities that seeks simple and low-cost solutions for One Health. The One Health concept is a worldwide strategy for expanding interdisciplinary collaborations and communications in all aspects of health care for humans, animals and the environment. This initiative is expected to help protect and save millions of lives in our present and future generations. We are currently looking for a highly motivated Technical and Administrative Assistant to add to our team.
- To assist in the collection, preparation and preservation of materials for research.
- To respond to queries for information or data procurement to staff.
- To assist in maintenance of equipment.
- To operate, as required, technical experiment under supervision.
- To assist our staff in work related to research projects such as gathering information and carrying out bibliographical analyses and any other related research activity.
- To do the research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- To assist in updated inventory of laboratory equipment and consumables.
- To locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies and interview the salespersons in order to determine product availability and price competitiveness.
- To take, place and tracks orders for the laboratory, to ensure timely and efficient supplies of relevant materials to meet with research deadlines.
- To develop and maintain good relationship with suppliers.
- To assist with preparation and setting up of meetings.
- To use ICT in the performance of his/her duties.
- To deal with procedural specifications related to purchasing, billing, and administration of service.
- To assist in the maintenance and repair works as required in the lab/Institute.
- To perform other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from Technical Assistants/Senior Technical Assistants in the roles ascribed to them.
- Ability to multi-task is a pre-requisite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be rigorous.
- A good command of written and spoken English as well as in French.
- Enthusiast with the idea of working in an innovative and challenging environment with new approaches to healthcare.
- Must be computer literate and be able to prepare reports in Word and Powerpoint.
- Enjoy challenges, be dynamic and effective in dealing with tasks.
- Interested in creating and sustaining social media communication (Facebook, Instagram, Tweeter).
- A Cambridge Higher School Certificate with passes at Principal Level in at least 2 subjects, including Biology or Chemistry obtained at one sitting, with working experience in similar position.
- A university degree in Natural Sciences from a recognized institution.