This position will entail a combination of bookkeeping and purchasing.
Duties will include:
- Generation of purchase orders with efficient follow up with the supplier to obtain an invoice
- Generation of invoices and follow up on payment from customers.
- Resolving billing discrepancies.
- Preparing employees’ compensation by the end of each month using payroll software.
- Filing returns and monthly contributions to the Mauritius Revenue Authority.
- Monitoring accounts and proper organization of invoices files.
- Updating financial databases.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Performing bank reconciliation
- Tracking payment, updating and sending off statement of accounts to customer at each month end.
- Preparing documentation for delivery/export of the final product and dealing with the customer to update the latter about the consignment.
- Assist with the sourcing of products and purchasing of imported goods
- Liaising with suppliers for tracking shipment details, locations, ETAs.
- Liaise with customs and other local authorities.
- Providing support to the director, other employees and office visitors.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
This candidate needs to possess the following skills and/or meet the following requirements:
- Extremely good communication and people skills, must be proficient in English
- Minimum two years bookkeeping experience
- Experience in purchasing will be beneficial
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Or Google Suites)
- Experience with Pastel or Quickbooks is a necessity
- General accounting and office administration experience
- Ability to create and maintain efficient and effective record keeping systems
- Experience in the manufacturing sector will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
- Experience with Mauritian tax laws and statutory returns would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work independently, pay meticulous attention to detail and meet deadlines