Purpose of Role
To lead, manage, and oversee all compliance aspects of the company and to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and standards of best practice.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Implement internal programs, controls, and procedures in line with local applicable financial regulations and ensure their ongoing compliance;
- Serve as a resource on all compliance matters including drafting and standardizing compliance policies and procedures;
- Oversight to the Conduct Risk elements of FSC (and other applicable regulatory authorities) rules and guidance;
- Conduct timely compliance reviews;
- Detailed updates and guidance to senior executives and the Board including the impact regulations, including AML/CTF, have on the Firm and what steps the business needs to take to ensure compliance;
- Evaluate and review suspicious activity and promptly investigate suspected breaches of legal and regulatory requirements or internal compliance policies and standards to ensure that any material breach is appropriately resolved;
- Assist the FSC and other regulatory bodies/exchanges with investigations;
- Ensure that complaints by clients are promptly and fairly handled;
- Oversee approval process for advertising and research material from the compliance perspective;
- Implement and monitor the operation of the AML/CTF Programme;
- Ensure staff are complying with the regulatory guidelines;
- Provide advice to the business unit on issues of compliance.
- Degree in Law, Finance, Banking or Equivalent;
- Certified compliance professional with deep knowledge of the financial service industry’s standards and regulations (preferably to have a relevant Compliance Officer’s Examination);
- Proven with at least 5 years of practical work experience as a compliance specialist;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal;
- Excellent analytical skills to understand the key points from complicated files.
Remuneration Package: Negotiable