Criteria for a PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT
A holder of an Occupation Permit or Residence Permit as a Retired non-citizen is eligible to apply for a 20-year Permanent Residence Permit provided the following specific conditions are met:
- Investor: Holder of an Occupation Permit for at least 3 years, immediately preceding the date of application for the Permanent Residence Permit, with:
Professional: Holder of an Occupation Permit for at least 3 years, immediately preceding the date of application for the Permanent Residence Permit, with a basic monthly salary of at least MUR 150,000 for 3 consecutive years
Self-Employed: Holder of an Occupation Permit for at least 3 years, immediately preceding the date of application for the Permanent Residence Permit, with an annual business income of at least MUR 3 million for the 3 consecutive years.
Retired Non-Citizen: Holder of a Residence Permit as a Retired Non-Citizen for at least 3 years with transfer of at least USD 54,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency during the period of 3 years preceding the application
An investor who invests at least USD 375,000 in a qualifying business activity:
- a minimum annual gross income of at least MUR 15M for 3 years preceding application; or
- an aggregate turnover of MUR 45M for any consecutive period of 3 years during his/her current permit
- Qualifying business activities: Agro-based industry, Audio-visual, Cinema and Communication, Banking, Construction, Education, Environment-friendly and green energy products, Financial Services, Fisheries and Marine Resources, Freeport, Information Technology, Infrastructure, Insurance, Leisure, Manufacturing, Marina development, Tourism and Warehousing, Initial Public Offerings.
- Presentation of passport and submission of copy of bio-data page.
- Four recent passport size photographs (not older than three months).
- A sworn affidavit to the effect that the applicant has not been convicted in his country of origin or residence of any criminal offence for the past 10 years.
- In case of categories under Investor/Self-employed Non-Citizen/Professional, a certificate of income from the Mauritius Revenue Authority, covering the last three years preceding his application.
- In case of investor in the 375,000 USD category, the applicant must submit the registration certificate issued by the Economic Development Board.
- In case of Retired Non-Citizen, documentary evidence from bank to the effect that the applicant has transferred from abroad to Mauritius an amount of money of USD 54,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible currency, during each of the preceding three years, plus copy.
- A medical certificate issued by a doctor in Mauritius, accompanied by test results and chest X-ray report, plus copy of the documents.
For any request, contact us on :